Saturday, August 29, 2015

Appaloosa Gets More Color and Hackney Gets Muscles:

The Appaloosa mare is coming along, but she's in an awkward stage right now.  It's at that stage where she looks more messy because the white takes so many layers to get full coverage.  The blanket edging needs to be refined and it will be but I have to do it slowly in thin layers of white for the best smoothest coverage. The i can come back and put the spots on the shoulder.  The blanket I think will be a snow blanket with no spots.   (see the reference picture I'm loosely using below)



Next, is the Hackney.  He's got stallion genitalia now, and I'm just blocking out the neck a little bit, and I did add a lot of shoulder muscles to him.  I've got a string tied around his head to keep his tucked down because it's wanting to raise up a little bit, so he's just waiting til he dries like that.   I ran clean out of Apoxie now and any more progress to him is just going to have to wait til I get some more. I'm currently suffering from that Italian disease "Mefunzalow". I am so thinking of doing him as a deep red bay perhaps.  That's what I keep seeing him as. 



No comments:

Post a Comment