Monday, January 11, 2016

R.I.P.


I lost yet another piece of my childhood.
I don't know what to think or how to process it.  My mom and I both fan girled over him for decades together.  Being big fans of  rock stars was something we had in common. He was my mom's biggest hero and saved her life with his music one day when the reality of having no way out of an abusive marriage left her alone in the basement with other ideas. I'm not religious. Never have been.  Never will be.  But I've always imagined better places, and happier endings on those days when the real world doesn't deliver. And on those days when  I believe in the fantasy side of death..... my mom got to finally meet him today.
So I'm not sure if it's ok to cry, but I'll always miss him....just like my mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment