Tuesday, January 12, 2016

More New Models:

I'm going to be painting soon a portrait on canvas of a friend's dog, so that's coming up I guess.  I've also begun a couple more projects.  I haven't done cattle in a while. The last endeavor was that Guernsey cow walking.  I've started back up on a Longhorn Steer I had started years ago and just set on a shelf and never finished.  So I've picked him up and am going to finish him up.  He's had some work done.  His tail was detached from his body/leg.  His head was raised to be bellowing. He's got his mouth open and bottom teeth are visible.  He's got a lot more loose skin under his body around the neck and chest areas.  He's had his bull parts removed, and is now a steer.  his horns were reshaped and I think I lengthened them to. He also has his eyes shut more which I love.  It adds to his bellowing expression.  He's got sleepy eyes, so he's going to be a cool one I think.  I'm trying to decide on a color.  But whatever it is, it will be loud. That's for sure.  He's still got to be sanded and retouched and re-primed again.  Then off to paint.






I'm also working on another Peter Stone Arabian.  This will be a stallion and I'm not 100% sure what I will do as far as color, but I know his name will be Aladdin Sane, after David Bowie's persona of the same name as a tribute.  This stone arab has had his original head removed and I did a head swap with an arabian resin head I had.  I have a couple of them I bought from years back and always thought I'd just re-sell them, so I kinda just hoarded them away. I figured I may as well start using these things.  Another reason I haven't used them was because I forgot who the artist who originally sculpted them.   So I will have a peter stone CM with an artist resin arabian head.  Right now I've got to sand down and re-shape the neck.  I've just done the raw sculpting to the neck and attached the head.  I've got a little wire armature thing going on the tail also.




And the last things I'm working on is a Great Dane Breyer figure.  I had one that I had started painting for someone and they never got back in touch with me to buy it.  That was the norm for me back then.  I'd get someone that wanted me to make a commission for them, and I wouldn't charge them until it was finished, then I'd get halfway through the painting or even completed it, and send an email and never hear a word.  Then I'd keep the things on my shelves because I didn't wanna re-paint it because it belonged to someone and maybe they'd contact me still wanting it.....  My brothers always loved telling me I was too nice.  Anyway, this dane was a basic Breyer dane I repositioned a little to be that slightly prancing pose I did my danes in all the time.  He had no real gender, which I never really put a gender on my danes before.  Well, this one's a male dog.  Un-neutered male dog.  I'm thinking he's going to be a harlequin I think.
I didn't take any pictures of him tonight.   I will when I re-prime him.

Also, I am working on another Afghan Hound.  This one is running or traveling at a fast sweeping trot or canter pose.  I wanted to take a couple of shots of this guy but by the time I was done sculpting, I had him on a base and couldn't move him.  He's propped up and waiting to dry so I wont be able to snap him yet.  Tonight I will take a couple shots of him.  I hope to have him done by tonight too.  Or mostly done.   

No comments:

Post a Comment