Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday Updates. Kirin, "Blue" the Paint Horse, and Western Pleasure:

The Paint Horse is pretty much done in the sculpting phase.  Pretty much.  I may want to do something else to the tail.  I'm getting him on a base. I had to prop him up with another horse while the base dried.  I think I may want to try and fix it so he doesn't have to be on the base but have it so he slips onto it but can stand without it on an extremely level surface.  It's still so fragile standing on the peg I really think he needs the stability of a base, but i want to see if I can do it foot cuff style and slip him on and off of it.  I was sanding him down tonight and will be ready to prime him and paint him this weekend.  Hopefully if all goes well.  I wont paint him til I'm satisfied with the sculpting yet. 

The Kirin is getting cuter by the second.  He's or should I say, SHE's got little furry back footies now.  She's got fluffies all over her shoulders now too.  I just think she looks like a little filly creature.  Anything with it's nose up in the air like that has got to be a little female. lol


I've primed the banshee SM but it was too tacky to move to get shots of.  I've got the Western pleasure horse's neck in on one side now.  I'm liking this one.  I'm giving him a longer straight cut tail to. I've resculpted the muzzle but i just don't think I like it yet.  I may get real creative and literally cut the nose off another head I've got and use that for some added uniqueness. He's got a Oldenburg head on him now but I think I may put a Flicka muzzle on it if it fits.  I don't know yet. The topline is going to be sanded off.  So the line down the top of the neck will be shaved down. You can see on the below image where the true topline will be.   I'm not sure what color to do him as.  I really am in love with Claybank Duns and want to do one but I may not use this model to do it on.  I may do it in a regular dun or an appaloosa.  I just don't know. I'll have to see what it loos like when it's done.   




No comments:

Post a Comment