Friday, August 2, 2013

Brand New Customs for August:

First up is a brand new Andalusian Cross mare.  Haven't even decided what her breed should be.  She's the Keltec Salinero Custom I've just finished. Her name is "Gretchen"  She's a mature older broodmare type I think.  She looks like she's got a few years on her.  I've just ordered the resin Keltec Base for her instead of completeing the one I had started for her.  I think I'll put her on MH$P for offers now and see if she sells before the base comes in. The base will be covered in a grassy surface.  Nothing unusual. Oh, and when I get the new base, she wont be so high in the front.  She'll be more level.  That's one gripe I've always had with the Keltec base.  It makes the horse look unrealistically high in the front because it raises them up so much more on the leg with the base.





  Next up is a Gypsy Vanner I'm doing out of a Schleich Andalusion.  I had two laying around from a Ebay auction I won over a year ago.  They were part of a lot I got and never did anything with them. I started looking at one and thought it would make a great Gypsy Vanner.  Just a cute little model to do as a side project. I have a photo of a real Vanner that is in almost the same exact position as this little guy too, so that really got me psyched too. I'm using a wash method for the bay coat this time, which is why it looks little messy but the run-off will all be covered in white anyway.






Next I'm doing a set of three Afghan Hounds.  I've used Great Dane Breyer figures for these drastic CM's.  "Alexis", "Cassandra", and "Princeton"
It's hard to see Alexis (the black one) because she's so black so I raised the brightness of one of the pics. They are just getting the beginning of their base coats and don't look like much yet.  Princeton is the male laying with his front legs crossed.  He's going to be a dark fawn sable. Cassandra will be a silver sable I think, and Alexis is a black and tan one.





And last but not least.  I'm working on a Polo Pony.  It's a Marwari CM with a roached mane and a braided and banded tail, that's semi-rearing.  Like he's either excited on the field and bouncing to get to the ball, or he's acting up and being fussy.  I haven't decided if he's angry or excited.
I'm seeing him as a chestnut stallion.
I really am liking this guy.






No comments:

Post a Comment