Monday, August 26, 2013

Have you ever wanted to just hug a cat?:

Something happened today, and it's hard to stop thinking about it.  It was the cutest, saddest thing that happened today.  I was just coming back from the gas station to get some Cherry Coke to take downstairs with me to work on some horses, and I stopped at a neighbor's house. He was standing outside next to his truck drinking coffee.  I stayed and we talked for a while, and we noticed the neighbor was walking around up the street holding a 1 yr old baby.  My friend commented that the kid would never learn how to walk because the man carries him everywhere.  He never puts him down.  Well, after a while I was getting ready to leave and all of a sudden the woman who lives there and mother of the child I'm guessing pulls up in her car, gets out of the car and starts crying and screaming to the top of her lungs, "Kill me now!  Just shoot me now!!  I hate my life!!!!!  KILL ME!"   She was throwing her shoes and flailing her arms and just having a total mental meltdown. The guy with the baby was just standing there unsure of what to do.  I asked my neighbor who was watching with me, if I should call 911, to which he said nahhh, she's done this before.  I asked what was wrong with her and he said she's gotten really paranoid lately, and thinks people are watching her, that sort of thing.  She gets a check every month for it.  Anyway, I just thought, "never a dull moment", then my attention was turned to their cat.  The woman is screaming and literally throwing a tantrum in the middle of the street and the man was now just crouched down at the car (I'm guess at his wit's end also) and there's this blue and white bi-colored cat.  The cat's stalking her and walking right up under her feet and looking as though he's almost ready to attack this woman.  Just scurrying under her feet almost chasing her and walking really close to her all upset.  It was as if this cat was just chasing her down and saying, "Are you alright?!!  Are you ok?!!!!  Please calm down.. It's going to be ok..."  The cat looked so upset.  Like a mother cat after someone has caught one of her kittens and it's screaming to the top of it's lungs. That's exactly how the cat was chasing her. The woman just goes wandering up the street yelling for someone to shoot her all the way to the corner and collapses in a neighbor's yard at the top of the street. Meanwhile as she walks off, the cat starts to follow her then turns back as the man walks back towards the house. Then the cat looking to just be in a total state of despare turns and walks back to the house with his ears pinned back like he's still mentally with the woman and looking so destraught. He looked like he was about to say, "Oh God, there she goes, now what do we do?...somebody call an ambulance."   It was so adorable in a sad sort of way seeing this cat so physically upset over the woman's emotional state. Seeing that cat crouching in the middle of the road looking like he was about to pounce on her and trailing just a foot from her just broke your heart. So we went into my neighbor's house and told his wife what had happened.  We both had somewhere to be so we headed out to our cars.  The police had since arrived, and the woman was just laying there screaming and squawking like a baby bird. The man was near her and put a blanket on her but she was just gone. Went completely nuts. Screaming to the top of her lungs. I drove up the street to head home and saw she was now IN the middle of the road and I had to turn and go down another street, but as I looked at her laying there with about four police officers just standing there waiting on the ambulance, (there wasn't much anyone could do) I looked and on the sidewalk about 6 feet from her was the blue and white cat.  He'd gone back up the street when we went in the house and was laying down on the sidewalk watching and waiting for the ambulance.  I kept thinking I'll bet that woman must have no clue just how much that cat loves her...  It was so strange watching a cat react exactly like a human being.  I thought, this woman wants someone to kill her, that her life is over and the smallest most insignificant being in the neighborhood that day was so worried about her, and no one noticed. Believe me, I know cats, and most of the time they could care less what happens to your ass. lol  But this was different.
   I know the woman will be alright.  She's in the hospital probably on a 51/50 hold, and the man knows she's going to be ok I'm sure, but somewhere on Roberts Avenue there's a blue and white cat that's beside himself with grief and worry.  And all I keep thinking about besides hoping the lady gets better is I hope the little cat's ok.  Never have I wanted to walk up and hug a strange cat more than today.  He's all upset and nobodie's going to even think to let him know it's going to be ok. I'm going to be worried sick over him til she gets back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment