Thursday, April 11, 2013

New "Sael" Totilas CM moving along after some major resculpting and other updates:

The Totilas CM whom I've named "Sael" is coming into his own little by little.  It's not an overnight process but it's moving along.  I new I was going to have to do something to those hind legs.  Well, after bending and unbending the hocks, I saw what was really the problem for now.  The rear wasn't up high enough.  I am praying I can get this guy to stand on his own with just the weight and leverage of his tail touching the ground to help so I wont have to make a base for him. After sculpting all that muscle to the rump, I had to hack it all off again and this time slide the hind legs back at the knees and pull him up to a standing up position.  I gave hi a new neck that will have to be dry shaped with sanding and buffing and possibly more apoxie.  He's got a chest now and most of his shoulders. I've got a lot more to tweak and resculpt.  But he's gone from one thing to another pretty quickly so I'm happy so far.  He's going to be a black bay stallion. Very black. Almost solid black with just a slight indication of reddish brown in the under-most areas.  I'm trying to decide on facial markings in my head now. But I've got a lot more to do.  I'm just working from the top down to the bottom. I'll start on the lower half later today when he's dried.

The walking cow has been getting some updates recently.  Thought I'd take pictures of her recent changes.  She's got udders sculpted and teats which have to be sanded and shaped.  She's had an ear reduction along with a new one sculpted. Her tail has more hair now and so does her forehead.





The American Saddlebred has been primed and is ready for paint.


I thought it would be kinda neat to take a picture of the TWH twin I did along with the Saddlebred model together because it shows just how different the two really are to be coming from the same Breyer model.  I put just as much work into changing the Breyer American Saddlebred model into a CM Saddlebred as I did turning it from a American Saddlebred OF to a Tennessee Walking Horse.


No comments:

Post a Comment