Saturday, February 2, 2013

Single-footed and exstatic!

The single-footed stallion is done! He's got to get sanded and buffed and primed and resanded and rebuffed and....well it's a rinse, lather, repeat kind of thing.
But his mane and tail are done and he's got a footpeg. (I hate those things)

The thoroughbred mare is looking better.  Although I hate it when I'm working on something and just leave it for the night looking unfinished.  She's desperately got to have her left hind leg reshaped and sanded on the underside because right now it's too fat and wide, but the right side looks pretty good so far.
I think he neck still needs to be longer.  Still there's only so much I can do with the apoxie at one time.  There are gaping holes that need to be filled but they have to set up or else the apoxie will just sink into the model and you'll never get it filled without loading it full of apoxie.  



The TWH foal has got what's going to be new ears since they needed to be bigger.  He's now got a full fluffy tail, and I've been shaping the cannon bones in the legs.  The hooves need more work. The face has been bulked up some. I have to wait til he hardens so I can shave down and shape his ears better. Tweaked his croup a little but it's still not right yet.

And the teke.  After looking at him some more, I decided his neck was still not long enough.  So it's been lengthened. He's got a new shoulder now to match his newly moved leg.


I still need to sand him and probably add a touch more apoxie to the new neck gap.   Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment