Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ready for paint!

My single-footed boy is primed and rebuffed and ready for paint.

The TWH foal is almost ready. He's got new finished ears now and a completed mane.  He's got some more tweaking to do to his legs and hooves but he's in the home stretch.

The cow has gone through some interesting changes.  lol
Remind me NEVER to do this again.

The Teke stallion looks amazing now  (if I do say so myself)


Tragedy in the studio today.  The mare giving birth set I just primed and was setting her up to dry.  I had to clamp her tail in the vice grip to hold her in place.  I didn't want to tighten it too much for fear her tail would snap.  I'd rather the tail go than what happened.  I turned around to look at the thoroughbred mare's progress, and heard something hit the floor. It was the set. The mare's head broke clean off.  Luckily the break was easy to repair. So she's mending. Tomorrow I'll resand her down and reprime the neck.

The thoroughbred mare is coming along better than expected now.

 
I've started another project now also. I wanted to do him as a portrait model of a particular Quarter Horse I've seen, but after I got him, I think he's just going to be too bulky and chubby for the horse I want him to be.  So I've got coming now a Breyer Ideal Quarter Horse to use.  That looks better.  So thi sguy i think I will turn into a paint.  But this is how so many customs get started.

Cupid's still waiting on antlers.  I'm working on them......AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment