Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Coming along.....slowly.

Just did a little more work.  Exhausted.  Been up the last three days on just a couple hours sleep a day.  Still psyched about the single-footed guy.
He's got more mane and more tail now.

Cupid was bad last night.  He moved somehow on his own and the antler shifted and set up that way, so I had to drill it out and reset it again.  This time I put the other side in and then set the first side again with glue and finally packed the area around the antler bases with apoxie.
But what sucks is I just revisited some more refernece pictures of Caribou and the antlers, Both of them...have to come off again and be completely remade.  They aren't correct for a caribou.  It's so confusing because you see that normally they swing back and into the arch, and there is usually a branch in the middle that goes forward and up, then there was what I thought were two more that come out at the bottom and go along the face parrallel to the nose.  That's true, but most times over there is only ONE central comb shaped branch that runs down the nose.  It's normally on one antler and it connects the two antlers at the bottom making the entire head set look like a big 'V'.  So anyway, I have to redo these antlers. They need to swing back more dramatically and have a more pronounced arch.  So back to the drawing board.
(God I'm tired)

Ok, now for the better news.
I like her better this way now.

 I also am doing a brand new Mare Giving Birth set. I'm really seriously considering doing this set in Appaloosa.  Still more tweaking to do.


I've got a mane going and more tail work done to the Teke.  He's got some joint work in now and a new left shoulder.. Still have to refine the joints when it dries. He's got his gender now too. I have to work on that some more also. This is a very lightweight CM. Hardly any weight to him at all. I'm going to get another one of these models and do a CM Marwari only I'm going to resculpt the ears to face forward and look correct. No dented smushed ear tips.  What's scaring me is that the more I look at him with a mane now...the more I think he needs a longer neck.  (screams)



No comments:

Post a Comment