Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Arjuna Rajput" the Marwari Dancing Stallion

His name is hindu. Arjuna means "White", and Rajput means "Son of Kings".
He's wearing a basic tack set.  Halter and breast collar I made.  The leg bands are just bits of wired gold ribbon with a couple of seed beeds glued on. You'd be surprised how well wired ribbon is for arm bands on horse costumes.  You don't have to struggle with elastic stretching too far or too tight and fitting it over the hooves is a nightmare. So this way you just wrap it around and it stays.  The breast collar I made with just a piece of ribbon trim and attached little red tassles I made yesterday.  It took me all day long making tassles and a halter. I wouldn't leave the halter on him. Just for showing. The breast collar is alright but the halter is leather and ribbon so it's not good to leave on all the time unless you don't ever plan to take it off.  But overall, I'm really pleased with him. I'm definatly not a professional tack maker.  Yuh-Think!  lol  I just look at it this way..  You buy the horse.  The tack comes free.  Ebay tomorrow.











1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete