Friday, May 9, 2014

The flashiest Walker yet:

He's coming along ok.  I used a refernce of a real life walker.  I'll post the reference later. We're I think about to get a thunderstorm but I wanted to post the progress of him up.  His paint is still wet on the mane and tail. 


I used Kodachrome for a basic reference.  I have a picture of the left side but the right side I used  this image for a reference. I need to pink out half his eye a bit more, but that's no big deal. I can do that next. I don't know if I'll do him the same on the left side as the real horse.  He's so light on the left side.  The real horse is.  This may just be more of a loose reference for the sabino roan coloration and not really a portrait model.  Mostly because Kodochrome was a padded stacked up performance walker and I don't approve of the chains and pads.  I originally cm'd this model to be like the studs on Midnight Suns's liniage that were naturally high steppers and didn't wear pads.  They were just well trained and had a fancy natural stepping gait and didn't need to resort to that mess they strap on their feet now. The model isn't as spraddle legged as this real horse's gait either.  Mine is not stretching out that much in the hind end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment